In July and November 2014 the UCL Institute of Education Confucius Institute delivered fully-funded teacher training for Primary School Teachers who wish to teach pupils Mandarin Chinese.
This training will enable you to develop your own language skills and enrich your pupils’ learning both in MFL and across the curriculum.
This teacher training supports the teaching of Mandarin Chinese in primary schools across England and is specifically designed for primary school teachers with little or no existing knowledge of Mandarin. Advanced native Mandarin teachers should not attend.
• A fresh approach to teaching Mandarin language and pronunciation
• A programme of study for Mandarin Chinese and related resources
• Introducing Chinese characters
• Cultural and intercultural content designed to assist the non-specialist teacher
• 30 hours of continued study online
The course consists of two-and-a-half days at the end of the summer term, 30 hours independent study online and a two day follow-up event in the autumn term.
Participants are required to complete all parts.
Future dates and venues for Primary Chinese teacher training are to be confirmed.
If you have any questions about the course please email email@example.com
Please leave us a message and let us know if you will be interested in future training: